Effective Date: Oct 2, 2018
finstop Business Solutions LLP and its affiliated entities (here in after referred collectively as “finstop ”, “we,” “our” or “us”) are wholly-owned subsidiaries of idealoom ventures private limited.
finstop is committed to comply with applicable privacy requirements in protecting Personal information in a transparent, trustworthy and responsible and manner
- finstop’s contract for delivery of products or service prescribes different terms and conditions for the processing of your Personal Information;
- finstop is delivering products or services as a data processor, in which case the contractual terms and conditions between finstop and the data controller/contracting party shall govern;
- Applicable law imposes different processing or privacy requirements on your Personal Information.
Information We Collect from You or Your Representative
We only collect information from you or your representative (such as your employer) or about you that is reasonably necessary for us to provide the relevant product or service, business relationship and/or communication, consistent with the nature of such product, service, relationship or communication. Based on the specific products, services, business relationship or Sites involved as well as requirements under applicable law, we may collect the following categories of personal information (“Personal Information”) from you or your representative:
- Email address;
- Social media username;
- Telephone number;
- Mailing address;
- Title or Position;
- Business contact information;
- Employment Status;
- Career or professional history, educational background and professional qualifications;
- Your recorded voice (when you are advised in advance of the recording);
- Username and password; and
- Any other Personal Information you or your representative volunteers on or provides access to via any or our Sites and/or any finstop or idealoom community forum, social media offering or blog.
We may also automatically collect the following categories of information from devices (e.g., mobile, computer, laptop, tablet) used to visit or use our Sites or that receive HTML-formatted email messages (“Device Information”):
- IP address;
- Device identifier;
- Log files;
- Clear gifs;
- Pixel tags and similar technologies;
- Flash LSOs
Certain Device Information may be deemed Personal Information in accordance with applicable law. Personal Information and Device Information are collectively referred to as “information.”
Information that We Collect About You
Based on the specific products, services, business relationship or Sites involved (as well as requirements under applicable law), we may collect the following categories of Personal Information on our own or from third parties about you:
- Information about you available in news feeds, exchange data feeds and other public data sources (including the public internet);
- Information provided by relevant regulators, government agencies and non-government credentialing or professional organizations;
- Information that you, your employer or other representative make publicly available via your personal or company website or in social media profiles;
- Information from event organizers for events that you have attended;
- Information from companies providing professional contact information to their customers/subscribers; and
- Other Personal Information to the extent permitted by applicable law and reasonably necessary for the performance of our business obligations, compliance with laws applicable to our business or pursuit of our legitimate business interests.
How We Use Your Information
The following is an overview of finstop’s purposes for processing Personal Information. Often due to the nature of the product or service involved or the context in which the Personal Information is used, it will be apparent how we intend to use the information. Additional information about processing related to a particular product or service may be separately posted on the relevant Site or contained in the applicable terms and conditions.
We may use the information we collect for the purposes identified below. To the extent required by applicable law, each purpose for the processing of Personal Information is substantiated by one or more lawful bases for processing. Unless otherwise identified with respect to a particular product or service, our processing is done based on one or more of the following:
To the extent required by applicable law, you have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Information where the legal basis for our processing is a legitimate interest. Where our processing of your Personal Information is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. , please contact us Click here.
We also use your information for compliance with our company policies and procedures, for accounting and financial purposes, and otherwise as required or permitted by applicable law. If you do not provide us with information as described above, we may not be able to fulfill the applicable purpose of collection, such as completing a contemplated transaction, responding to your queries or providing access to our Sites to you.
Certain product, services and offerings by finstop does not engage decision-making based solely on automated processing of Personal Information, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning an individual or similarly significantly affects an individual.
How We Share Your Information
From time to time, to the extent permitted by applicable law and subject to any contractual limitations on sharing Personal Information set forth in a relevant contract for products and services, we may share your information with our affiliates, subsidiaries, business partners, clients (such as where we process your Personal Information in connection with your role with your employer), third party service providers and authorities in the following circumstances:
- Affiliates, Subsidiaries, Business Partners and Clients. We may share your information with our affiliates (including other idealoom business units), subsidiaries, business partners, and clients in the US and worldwide for purposes identified above. To the extent required or permitted by applicable law, by visiting or using our Sites or otherwise providing us with your information, you consent to this sharing of your information. Where such consent exists, to opt-out of such sharing, please contact us Click here or at the location in the Contact Us section below.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with third parties who perform functions on our behalf (e.g., hosting or operating our services or Sites, sending email marketing communications, or data analysis). We do not authorize these third parties to use your information for purposes other than for which it has been provided, and we do not authorize these third parties to disclose that information to unauthorized parties. We require these third parties to maintain appropriate security to protect your information from unauthorized access or processing.
- As Required or Appropriate by Law. We may disclose your information to regulatory authorities, courts, and government agencies where we believe that doing so would be in accordance with or permitted or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process, to defend the interests, rights, and/or property of finstop, idealoom or others, or to respond to emergencies.
- Business Transfers. We may transfer your information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, brands, affiliates, subsidiaries or other assets. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may share information with a prospective buyer or transferee of the business as part of the diligence process provided that we require any such third party to maintain the confidentiality of your information and protect it with appropriate technical and organizational security measures.
We may share your information with other third parties as directed by you or subject to your consent. We may also share and otherwise process aggregated information or de-identified information that does not identify you individually with other third parties. We also use this aggregated or de-identified information for finstop’s and its affiliates’ various business purposes, including the creation and sale of other products and services to our clients and potential clients. This aggregate or de-identified information is not traceable to any particular client or user and will not be used by a third party to contact you.
We do not share, sell, rent or trade the personal information you provide through our Site to our service providers or business partners for their own direct marketing purposes, unless we have explicitly given you the option to opt-in or opt-out of such disclosures. The foregoing restriction does not apply to information provided by those firms voluntarily contributing data for inclusion in our databases and other data products.
We process Personal Information within the scope of our marketing and market segmentation. With market segmentation, we mean that we categorize our client base based on professional affiliations and functions, alignment with our services and products and information gathered from public sources of information. For clients or users of our Sites, we may also use information gathered from your use of our products, services and/or Sites for marketing purposes.
You always have right to request that we stop using your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. To the extent required by applicable law, you have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information based on a legitimate interest as legal basis. You also always have the right to withdraw your consent at any time when we need your consent in order to process your Personal Information. If you withdraw your consent, you will no longer receive information and offers that are tailored for you. You can to object our use of your personal information for direct marketing and in certain other situations (in accordance with applicable law) by contacting us Click here.
We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable as required by applicable law. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, to complete any transactions that you began prior to your request, or for other purposes as required or permitted by applicable law. In addition, please note that even if you opt-out of receiving marketing communications from one or all of our Sites, we may need to send you service-related communications.
Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Information
To the extent required by applicable law, in our capacity as the controller of your Personal Information, we will also provide you with the opportunity to be informed of whether we are processing your Personal Information and at any time to access, correct, update, oppose, delete, block, limit or object to our use of your Personal Information. The foregoing rights will be afforded to you free of charge (except to the extent that your requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive, in which case, we may charge an administrative fee or refuse to meet your request). Please note that legal obligations that apply to our business may prevent us from immediately deleting parts of your information.
To prevent fraudulent activity, we may require you to authenticate your identity when you contact us. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that in some instances, due to the nature of the information that we receive, we may require you to provide additional information that will help us identify which information is yours. For complex issues, we will respond to your request within one month of our receipt of it. We may extend this period by two further months taking into account the complexity of your request or the number of requests that we have received; we will inform you of any such extension within one month of receiving your request along with the reasons for the delay and information about your right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Security of Your Information
We take reasonable technical, administrative and physical security measures to protect your information, including applying generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, so we unfortunately cannot guarantee absolute security. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (e.g., if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please contact us immediately Click here with subject heading “Security”.
Retention of Your Information
Cookies and Similar Technologies
When you use our Sites, we along with our affiliates, subsidiaries and third party service providers may use “cookies” and similar technologies (e.g., log files, clear gifs, pixel tags and Flash LSOs) (collectively, “technology”). This technology may involve placing small files/code on your device or browser that serve a number of purposes, such as remembering your preferences (e.g., language) and generally improving your experience on our Sites. Specifically, we may use such technology for purposes such as to:
- Provide us with general analytics about our Sites, including demographic information in a non-identifiable form, in order to improve our Sites’ performance and customize users’ experience;
- Enable us to help you make better use of our services or Sites such as by suggesting how you can improve your use of different features or functionality or help address technical issues that you encounter in using our services or Sites;
- Support security measures, such as requiring re-login into your account or additional authentication when using a new device to access our Sites;
- Measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about the Site’s usage and email response rates;
- Allow you to engage in our social media offerings on our Sites (e.g., Facebook “Like” button and LinkedIn integration); and
- More effectively market our Sites and advertise other Sites that may be of interest to you.
If you choose to use our referral service to tell someone about our products or services or Sites, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will send your referral a one-time email to invite him/her to access the Site or with information about the product or service, and store his/her email address for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program.
Links to Other Websites
We are not responsible or liable for the privacy or business practices of any third party websites linked to our Sites. Your use of third parties’ websites linked to our Sites is at your own risk, so we encourage you to read the privacy policies of any linked third party websites when you leave one of our Sites.
Use of Sites by Children
None of our Sites are targeted for use by children under the age of eighteen. We do not target any of our products or services or Site content/features for use by children of such age.